Bulk `Link` creation [Jun 07]

:raising_hand_man: WM31 asked

Hi all! This platform is promising and I am trying to migrate our multi-excel task worksheet to Nocodb. The worksheets have a key row that build the relation. I found that the API can’t do mass update of the one to one mapping between uploaded worksheets with the key, am I doing it wrong with the API or there are other under the hood method I can try?

:man_bald: dstala replied

<@535455522435104798>, API to manage links currently is one to one. We will consider this as an enhancement request.

:raising_hand_man: WM31 replied

You mean there is a way to edit a one row to one row link between table through API?

I am trying to build a master key table to enable that I can do nesting lookup between tables

here in this example, I am creating linear links (one-to-one) between two tables using API. Note that I have used ‘has-many’ as link relation type.

1.js

I noticed that the example is done on table creation, is there a way to do so after imports? Like do so through a REST client?

MY current setting is one to many, though I use them for one to one

NocoDB API Documentation

You will need {rowId} & {referenceRowId} :: primary key of two tables that you wish to link.

This page can’t help as it don’t have the Json sample. can you use your JS sample to demo the Json content to me?

:man_technologist: pranavxc replied

Above api doesn’t need any JSON payload instead you have to pass both row id in url path param

http://localhost:8080/api/v1/db/data/{orgs}/{projectName}/{tableName}/{rowId}/{relationType}/{columnName}/{refRowId}

O ok

What is the key for{relation type}?

And both row ID means the system internal row ID? Can those be exported as CSV?

based on the relation created … it can be mm (Many to many) , hm (has many) or bt (belongs to)

Ok noted on the key

even if you passed wrong relation type it will work

This is a patch or post?

You can enable system fields under fields dropdown and the id you can enable