Loading sqlite into nocodb [May 16]

:raising_hand_man: Y0_L0 asked

Hi y’all I’m new here, I love Nocodb and have tinkered with it / tested it on and off for a few months now. In the last tow Weekends I’ve tried to get a first production server up and running and its not going great tbh :thinking: :pensive:

Currently I’m stuck trying to load my sqlite database into nocodb. It just doesn’t show up while the same setup works perfectly on my laptop.

The following traceback might be relevant:

```

h :: TypeError: Cannot read property ‘title’ of undefined

at o (/usr/src/app/docker/main.js:2:87565)

at async /usr/src/app/docker/main.js:2:88543

GET /api/v1/db/data/noco/sly_moore/People/views/People?limit=25&offset=0&where= 400 51 - 33.595 ms

```

:person_tipping_hand: o1lab replied

Could you explain more on how you are loading sqlite to nocodb ?

:raising_hand_man: Y0_L0 replied

During testing i reverted back to the official demo command to exclude any problems with my docker-compose file.

```

docker run --rm --name nocodb_test -v ~/skwb-gsheets:/usr/app/data -p 59:8080 nocodb/nocodb:latest

```

I copy the database file to ~/skwb-gsheets and enter Create By Connecting To An External Database sqlite usr/app/data/pytest_sqlite.db

On my server, (fresh ubuntu 22.04 and docker)

it loads the Database schema but not the actual data.

On my laptop however, doing the same steps with the same database file results in a nocodb instance wit not only the database schema but the actual data itself.

I’ve tried everythin I can think of, including recreating databases from scratch, deleting all files and containers…

I know my way around Python and Linux with some knowledge about Docker but I’m quite a noob when it comes to web development and javascript. Thus I’m all out of ideas about how to continue debugging.

:raising_hand_man: mpds replied

<@310157751395287040> Same problem here.

Was using nocodb (for teaching) without any issues until now but since a few days it seems broken. Here are the steps to reproduce:

- fresh nodejs LTS install (nvm install 16)

- install nocodb with npx create-nocodb-app (so v0.84.1 8 is installed). Choose the sqlite3 nodejs version (no docker)

- create a new user

- create a new project from an existing sqlite3 database (see attached musique.db file)

- then tables are shown in nocodb, but not their content :frowning:

musique.db

- stack trace is :

```

p :: TypeError: String expected

at /Users/perreiradasilva-m/Desktop/test/dexter_jettster/node_modules/knex/lib/dialects/sqlite3/index.js:65:18

at new Promise ()

at Client_SQLite3.acquireRawConnection (/Users/perreiradasilva-m/Desktop/test/dexter_jettster/node_modules/knex/lib/dialects/sqlite3/index.js:64:12)

at create (/Users/perreiradasilva-m/Desktop/test/dexter_jettster/node_modules/knex/lib/client.js:290:39)

GET /api/v1/db/data/noco/wrong_cricket/Genre/views/Genre?limit=25&offset=0&where= 400 25 - 15.089 ms

GET /api/v1/db/meta/tables/md_xdi9weq4h522pj 200 19953 - 6.184 ms

GET /api/v1/db/meta/tables/md_xdi9weq4h522pj/views 200 717 - 4.446 ms

GET /api/v1/db/meta/grids/vw_y54p3y0q3bvoss/grid-columns 200 3292 - 1.602 ms

GET /api/v1/db/meta/views/vw_y54p3y0q3bvoss/columns 200 3292 - 1.394 ms

GET /api/v1/db/meta/views/vw_y54p3y0q3bvoss/sorts 200 21 - 1.624 ms

GET /api/v1/db/meta/views/vw_y54p3y0q3bvoss/filters 200 2 - 2.575 ms

p :: TypeError: String expected

at /Users/perreiradasilva-m/Desktop/test/dexter_jettster/node_modules/knex/lib/dialects/sqlite3/index.js:65:18

at new Promise ()

at Client_SQLite3.acquireRawConnection (/Users/perreiradasilva-m/Desktop/test/dexter_jettster/node_modules/knex/lib/dialects/sqlite3/index.js:64:12)

at create (/Users/perreiradasilva-m/Desktop/test/dexter_jettster/node_modules/knex/lib/client.js:290:39)

```

I also tried with the nocodb-seed nodejs app with the same result. Upgrading nocodb to the latest 0.90.x version does not solve the problem either…

Existing sqlite is not working · Issue #1956 · nocodb/nocodb · GitHub

I’ve raised an issue and we are looking at it asap

I’v seen that the bug is fixed (and tested the master version for git), thank you very much !

When will there be a ne release so that users using npx or the seed project can use the fixed version ?

for timebeing you can below

```

npm uninstall nocodb

npm install --save nocodb-daily@0.90.8-pr-1957-20220503-1230

```

And replace nocodb with nocodb-daily

we will get a release out tomorrow

and then you can uninstall nocodb-daily

and install back nocodb (as usual)

If it is tomorrow that is fine ! We can wait until then.

:raising_hand_man: Y0_L0 replied

Finally got around to updating and it Works again :partying_face:

Banged my head against the wall a bit until I figured out that docker does not pull new versions automatically → Reason for the different behavior on different machines :see_no_evil: but now its working! Thanks :upside_down_face:

Autogenerated from discord

Join NocoDB’s community

DiscordTwitterRedditDocs