NocoDB with Wordpress MySQL [Apr 30]

[dummy title body text appended to avoid empty title body]

:raising_hand_man: wkw replied

are you using chrome? can you check the network tab when opening a table in NocoDB UI

:raising_hand_man: robertandrews replied

Brave browser. … “msg: “Access denied for user ‘xxxxxxxxxx’@‘ec2-3-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.compute-1.amazonaws.com’ (using password: YES)””

Yeah, maybe I can set a wildcard on the Siteground end. The docs do say you can use % for IP ranges, hopefully for hostnames too.

:person_tipping_hand: o1lab replied

<@319896779497668616> : try recreating the project connecting to your wordpress. If it works then it might be have to do with credentials on wp side

Or a way to set a fixed hostname on Heroku?

:person_tipping_hand: o1lab replied

> Yeah, maybe I can set a wildcard on the Siteground end. The docs do say you can use % for IP ranges, hopefully for hostnames too.

Ah ok

The AWS hostname in the error is different from the one I whitelisted last night.

Grr, wildcard not accepted on the Siteground end. Can I set a fixed hostname on the Heroku/Nocodb side?

Not sure why Heroku is appearing from amazonaws anyway.

did u provision the DB in AWS yourself?

I haven’t touched AWS. I opened my first Heroku account and used Nocodb’s 1-click deploy.

i mean your WordPress MySQL DB

It was possibly a one-click WordPress install within the Siteground environment, with some importing from a previous site. It’s been running for ages.

u may follow o1lab suggestion to verify the connection and credential first

It’s not the WP credentials etc per o1lab’s message…

The issue is that the Nocodb connection on Heroku is coming in via ec2-xxxxx-xxxx.amazonaws.com, and that particular hostname rotates. It’s different this morning than it was last night.

So the connection is being denied by my MySQL database (as per the browser Network tab message), because it’s not on the amazonaws.com I allowed as a remote.

I’m pretty sure I could whitelist this morning’s hostname and it would be fine. But I can’t predict all the hostnames.

1. I’ve no idea why Heroku would come in via amazonaws.com (do they use them?).

2. I can’t use a wildcard % in specifying the hostnames.

oh i got wt you mean now

when u access NocoDB, are u browsing ec2-xxxxx-xxxx.amazonaws.com?

No… myappname.herokuapp.com

ec2-xxxxx-xxxx.amazonaws.com ← this may be the addon db as well