Custom ui; field type editor and views

Hi all,

I am evaluating NocoDB and am impressed. I am wondering how extendible the nocodb ui library is. Some thoughts or pointers are highly appreciated.

Happy to discuss.

• Is there a plugin system foreseen that also works in the cloud setting? I would say this is essential for unlocking the potential of NocoDB.

• How difficult would it be to add a new field type with a custom editor for a TEXT or JSON db column? I am thinking of a field type that uses CodeMirror as editor with some extra UI elements.

• Are views easily extendible? I am thinking of a dependency diagram, but also table-like reporting capabilities.

@rpg Welcome to NocoDB community.

We are working on an extension framework which would allow users to enhance NocoDB’s functionality with custom actions. Should be available soon.

@mertmit can provide more details on extending field types & views. This part is tad more tightly coupled with existing framework is what I understand

@dstala thanks! happy to join!

@mertmit it would be great to have some more details. I understand that this is not in scope for the extension framework for now; I do hope this is on the roadmap for later. Perhaps our discussion and the use case I am considering can provide input