Integrating with jotform.com or pipedream.com [Apr 01]

:raising_hand_man: spaudanjo asked

Hello, my name is Daniel :slightly_smiling_face:

Please let me know if this the the wrong channel for the following question.

I’m currently doing user research and prototyping in the context of refugee support (e.g. doing mobile distributions of aid items in the Balkan route in Europe and in the Ukraine context).

For a current use case, I was wondering: are there any experiences, examples, best practices etc for connecting a NocoDB instance with jotform.com and/or pipedream.com?

:person_tipping_hand: o1lab replied

hey Daniel, welcome :slightly_smiling_face:

you can have a look at our API documentation

:raising_hand_man: spaudanjo replied

Thanks! :slightly_smiling_face:

I did, I know about Web Hooks (they seem to be atm more outgoing so - so informing external APIs about data changes within NocoDB, but not the other way around).

And I know about GraphQL (e.g. mutations) and REST-API capabilities.

(side question: is it possible to have both GraphQL AND REST for the same project?)

if you are looking at meta APIs (like API to get tableColumns), these are undergoing changes as we speak. And new APIs will be available early next week.

Ah - so for the incoming webhooks. You can use our APIs with API Token

https://docs.nocodb.com/developer-resources/api-tokens

great - thanks! That’s the confirmation I needed regarding the right direction.

(last thing - short answer to “Is it possible to have both GraphQL AND REST for the same project?” would also be super helpful :))

:slightly_smiling_face: nope

thanks! :slightly_smiling_face:

we 're planning to stop gql as its a very small use case for our users and not the best fit for building smartspreadsheets

would love to know the requirement of gql

oh that’s sad! the gql support sounds (without having using NocoDB yet, so based on new-user perspective) like an extremely nice feature, even important.

Simply for having the ability of using NocoDB as a BE with Apps and web apps, also with GraphQL and it’s advantages and ecoystem on the client world

(but I understand that there are a lot of priorities to juggle I guess :smile: )

I guess REST would work for almost al use cases as well

we may think about it in future it. The reason being : spreadsheet are flat pieces of information in a way even when we create lookups and rollups. And gql has deeply nested jsons. So its additional work to render the GUI and maintain the schema as users change the structure dynamically

got it

might also be biased a bit about GraphQL because of it’s hype - easy to forget that REST still works well in a lot cases as well :smile:

thank you

:slightly_smiling_face: