Number of link to another record [Feb 17]

:raising_hand_man: vikiiingur asked

is there a limit how many LinkToAnotherRecord I can have to individual tables? I created 6 tables, where in the 6th I try to create a link, but the Primary Values are not showing up, while in all the other 5 tables they are fine… :confused:

:person_tipping_hand: o1lab replied

There is no limit as such. See if there are any errors in browser console or docker

:raising_hand_man: vikiiingur replied

yup, checking, thanks for confirming, getting some strange 404s

well, I cannot see anything unusual in the docker logs, but this screenshot shows it, there should be a list

image0

trying to upgrade now to the latest nocodb version, let’s see whether it is fixed there

no idea why I am getting these error messages

image0

I imported from Excel 5 tables, now I created the 6th, and I cannot add any value to it

I am the owner of the project and also sure about file privileges, I created the docker-compose and have full access

Pls send ur excel file

With data redacted, you can DM <@857998597474484295>

:man_bald: dstala replied

LinkToAnotherRecord - I quickly tried linking 8 tables. worked fine.

OK, I think I found the culprit

somehow nocoDB allowed me to create a table with spaces… I deleted the table and created a new one replacing the spaces with _ and now the links load correctly

maybe implement automatic replacement of spaces with underscores?

Ok pls make a simple excel and raise an issue with file attached

On latest version of NocoDB, both table name & column name with spaces, are replaced with an _

On which version of NocoDB did you see this issue? Share corresponding excel file, we will investigate further.

I do not think it is related to the Excel import, rather the way nocodb allowed creating a table with spaces (%20)

Right. Noticed it now. Though we raise alarm during table creation for a table name with a space - user is n’t getting blocked from creating it.

Warning during table creation for table name with space :: "Following characters are not allowed " "

for some reason I did not notice that warning… :confused:

:raising_hand_man: okaeiz replied

hi there! can anyone please explain the process of importing an excel spreadsheet file into NocoDB as a new project?