Subdomain setup [Feb 04]

:raising_hand_man: vikiiingur asked

anybody has a nocodb docker forwarded to a domain.tld/subfolder (instead of IP:port) in nginx or npm? Can you share how did you achieve it… seems almost impossible for me

:person_tipping_hand: o1lab replied

I’ve seen our users use it with subdomain. And I understand you are looking for nginx et al setup :slightly_smiling_face:

There was a git discussion

let me try to find it

somewhat related (but at API level)

Bug in 'reverse-proxy with sub-path' configuration · Issue #428 · nocodb/nocodb · GitHub

:raising_hand_man: vikiiingur replied

hi, thanks for this, I came across of this page too, but it did not help

my problem is more related to linking nocodb to subdirectory via nginx rather than subdomain

subdomain works for me, but I cannot use it due to the specific setup of the server that I am not an admin of, I received a specific subdomain, under which I am able to issue multiple docker containers to subdirectories, e.g. aaa.doomain.tld/nocodb and aaa.domain.tld/postgresql

I cannot make nocodb work this way with nginx proxy manager, I can make it work with the main aaa.domain.tld but not aaa.domain.tld/nocodb, which is not ideal as I will have more containers to run

any help would be welcome

You would have to fiddle two env variables. Backend_url and another similar.

Yeah, I did, I believe all I have set correctly, as with the IPs I am able to reach the server, it is rather linking it up with nginx is the issue I have

there is a lack of clear documentation on that unfortunately

Would love a PR on it please (when sorted)

added

Autogenerated from discord

Join NocoDB’s community

DiscordTwitterRedditDocs