User seeing their own tables and rows hiding [Feb 17]

:raising_hand_man: Vinny A asked

hello, I have following requirements, some guidance on if it is possible today will be very helpful.

1. Each user can only see tables they created and views shared with them (not everything in the db)

2. User creates a table, user can then create a view on top. In this view, I can add filters for selecting few rows. Then I want to mark columns as “hide, readonly, editable” to show only a subset of data. User can only see or edit columns as permitted in this view.

3. Enable sharing of this view (open to everyone/world, open to only authenticated users, open to selected users only etc.)

Any help how can I create this setup?

:person_tipping_hand: o1lab replied

1 & 2 are not possible yet. In case of 1 - user can create their own project right instead?

:raising_hand_man: Vinny A replied

for 1, yes they can, but when they share it, can the other person see all tables?

for 2, is this in roadmap, is there a timeline for it to be in roadmap, is there a “views” plugin I can develop myself, is there a hack that can do it for now? Can I discuss with someone?

Also #3, is that possible today?

:person_tipping_hand: o1lab replied

Currently, we have roles similar to spreadsheet (editor, viewer, commenter) - for each role tables can be hidden.

The features requested above are not currently possible :slightly_smiling_face: Would love to know more about the use case. You can DM me.

Autogenerated from discord

Join NocoDB’s community

Discord • Twitter • Reddit • Docs