Database containerization [Apr 16]

:raising_hand_man: Acose asked

Hi everyone! Just hoping to get some assistance. I am interested in setting up NocoDB on my Synology NAS as a backend while using AppGyver in the front end. I have some experience with docker and my question is. Based on the current docker compose for Postgres: https://github.com/nocodb/nocodb/blob/develop/docker-compose/pg/docker-compose.yml#L1 We can create a reverse proxy to direct our custom domain to the nocodb port 8000 on my server. This would be the main communication from the rest API to something like AppGyver to then allow manipulation to the root Postgres database correct? And as far as security goes, by exposing only that connection it would not allow any external access to the root Postgres database? I just want to make sure I understand as I do not want to open the actual database to the internet lol.

:raising_hand_man: yallouche replied

Only the service you reverse proxy will be accessible outside of the docker virtual network, so you database will remain safe.

Even if you wanted to, I don’t think reverse-proxy your database would be achievable, it’s more than a simple HTTP connection which is what it usually focuses on

:raising_hand_man: Acose replied

Thank you for your consideration! That’s what I have gathered so far. Do you happen to know if this is the usual method a small business organization would be structured if they are self hosting. I am very knew but ambitious in learning all this development processes. For example, having an internet facing admin server to service the database API? Or is there some other way to give access to the database for a fully published app like on the AppStores. I have no idea how to frame this question to google a concrete answer…

:person_tipping_hand: o1lab replied

see if this is helpful : one of our user had used it for TrueNAS

:person_tipping_hand: o1lab replied

https://github.com/nocodb/nocodb/tree/develop/scripts/setups/TrueNAS

Autogenerated from discord

Join NocoDB’s community

DiscordTwitterRedditDocs