Filter a cell containing two different words (not side by side) [Jun 21]

:raising_hand_man: vibrantium asked

Hello :wave: I’m a beginner in both spreadsheet & database & I want to clarify something when using the API: when I want to find a cell containing two different words (that are not side-to-side), what operators should I use? Do I have to use eq combined with and?

:man_bald: dstala replied

One way I could think of is by using 2x like with an and in between.

You will have to replicate the same over API

:raising_hand_man: vibrantium replied

Thank you kindly!! I will try it, does the “Like” operator pick up words that include our search word? Say, if one of the words in the cell said “Amazonian” & we still search for “Amazon” will that cell still get picked up?

yes

thank you for your help! I think a feature I’d like to request is to find a way so that if i use the “like” operator whenever I filter things, it picks up whole words instead of elements/parts of words? Like my example earlier, if I want to search “Amazon” in a cell full of other words but one cell spells it as “Amazonian” instead, that one cell shouldn’t be selected?

You can search for Amazon with a space suffix :: "Amazon "

oh okay that’s good news!!

Hello! I am back with a similar question (thus I feel hesitant to create a new thread): if I want to search a sentence (so a string containing spaces) in my table using the axios request, do I have to use the “” quotation mark at both ends of my strings?

I’m trying to list the rows in my table but i want that list to not include several rows who have a particular column-cell combination.

This is how the params looks like when I console log it:

```js

where=(ID,lt,18)~and(Name,not,Marigold Company)~and(Name,not,Forager’s Daughter Company)~and(Name,not,Pacific Northwest Company)```

That gets put in: params: {where: params}

I also have tried encodeURI but my table list still includes those Name i want to exclude

Okay i have tried using escape() too so the tick mark in “Forager’s Daughter Company” became encoded but it still shows all the rows whose ID are below 18

okay nevermind it’s solved! I just scrolled at the very bottom of this & just saw that for “not” it is formatted a little differently https://docs.nocodb.com/developer-resources/rest-apis#comparison-operators

Autogenerated from discord

Join NocoDB’s community

DiscordTwitterRedditDocs