Oracle cloud issue [Apr 05]

:raising_hand_man: PoisonFlame asked

Hi all, I’m trying to set up nocodb on my oracle free tier ampere instance via the docker route following the npm docker-compose file from github, and I’m not able to setup nocodb.

Looking into the docker logs, the error I’m getting is this.

```

<— Last few GCs —>

<— JS stacktrace —>

# Fatal process OOM in insufficient memory to create an Isolate

Trace/breakpoint trap (core dumped)

```

and the container just keeps restarting everytime after outputting this into the logs.

In terms of memory, this VM has 24GB memory and is only using 2GB so I don’t think the memory is the issue so I wasn’t sure if anyone else has encountered this or if anyone has any pointers as to what I should look to.

Thanks in advance!

:person_tipping_hand: o1lab replied

Surely memory is not the issue. NocoDB would be fine with as little as 128-256MB

:person_tipping_hand: o1lab replied

Fatal process OOM in insufficient memory to create an Isolate · Issue #1559 · nodejs/docker-node · GitHub

:raising_hand_man: PoisonFlame replied

Ah, yes, I came across that a little while after I made the post. I tried the possible solution as well as the stuff that person mentioned in the “Additional Information” and it does seem like its a node 12 alpine issue.

I’m now going through the git route (made a container using node:14-alpine as base that pulls and runs based on instructions here: GitHub - nocodb/nocodb-seed)

I updated the nocodb version in the package.json and I was able to get the service running but I’m now having issues with setting it up with postgres. It seems like it’s not communicating with postgres at all as I see no new tables created or any connection attempts in my postgres container. With that, I was able to create a user but I’m not sure where the credentials are being stored.

The way I’m connecting is by setting the NC_DB variable in my .env file which is in the root of the git project directory. My NC_DB is as follows: NC_DB=pg://db:5432?u=user&p=pass&d=nocodb

Also, somewhat separate from the above, but with the git installation route, which directories should I be backing up to save my data in case I need to reinstall or update the current install?

Thanks again.

Autogenerated from discord

Join NocoDB’s community

DiscordTwitterRedditDocs