Planethoster deployment [Dec 31]

:person_tipping_hand: o1lab asked

<@!707157851088617502> : creating thread here

:raising_hand_man: simonh5 replied

hey, thanks

:person_tipping_hand: o1lab replied

Take a look at how to deploy in production : either you could do with npm or docker

You would need to set NC_DB or DATABASE_URL (JDBC) variable

it seems that docker is not avaible with my web hoster, i’m gonna try with npm or npx (is there any difference between those two?)

my knowledge is really basic, i have some experiences with php cms installation, but never with node.js and stuff like that

i saw that i could install it with just this command line? " npx create-nocodb-app "

( In 7 lines of node.js - you can turn any database into Airtable like spreadsheet using NocoDB! - DEV Community )

yes, that is possible

or you can clone it from here GitHub - nocodb/nocodb-seed

okay, so i just have to copy the folder on my server, change the environements variable, and then i have to run the command “npm run start” with ssh ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLdjEYWVHps

thanks!

hey, i installed it with npm. first i had some passenger errors : missing modules ( express ), so i installed it. now i have a blank page when i go with my browser to the application URL with a 404 error on a “GET” in the console of the browser. i can’t find why… (if i replace the “index.js” by a simple hello world code, the “hello world” is displaying correctly)

Autogenerated from discord

Join NocoDB’s community

Discord • Twitter • Reddit • Docs