Two-Way Links within same Table?

I have two Tables: Books and Authors and they each have a link field to the other i.e. Books has a link field for Authors and Authors has a link field for Books.

If I create a link in the Book Table to an Author it automatically creates a link in the Author Table to the Book. I love that!

However, in my Author Table, I have a link field for OtherAuthors. If in the AuthorA row I add a link to AuthorB, unfortunately it doesn’t create a link in AuthorB back to AuthorA.

Is there any way around that?

Hey Richard,
The self-link field creates another link field, but is hidden by default. You can enable it.

Let us know if that suffice your use case.

Thanks for answering. I see the generated backlink field. Now I need to figure out my Lookup field(s). I currently have a Lookup field to pull the Titles out of the original link field. I’ll need to create a Lookup field to pull out the Titles from the backlink field.

Is it possible for me to concatenate those two lookup fields in nocodb? (If not I’ll need to do so externally via API.)

Cheers, Richard

As you pointed out, concatenation has to be done externally via API. Implicitly on the UI, not possible.

1 Like